Monday, February 27, 2006

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Today was a very bad day.

I don't mean it was your garden variety bad. It was Bad with a capital letter. Maybe even BAD with 3 capitals. Don't even get me started on BAD.

The funny thing was, I can't even point to one horrible thing and say "Yeah...that was the straw the broke the camel's back". It was just sort of a uniform blah. Like...if my day was a sweater it would be blah coloured.

I spent 4 hours at work doing something, only to be told by my boss (the one who gave me the work), that actually someone else already did it, so I guess the work didn't need to be done after all. I find out my aunt and uncle asked my brother to move out (he's living with them in Michigan while he goes to college) by the end of the term because their mother-in-law will be moving in. Only they haven't actually asked her to move in yet or anything. Then I go grocery shopping and forget half of the things I went to get, including dinner. I go to Music World and try to get Star Trek DVD's for my dad's birthday, and they try to convince me that they're worth $150, even though amazon sells them for $68. Then I come home and call my parents because last week my car's transmission died, and I was trying to see if they had any info on how much it would cost to get repaired (we're expecting it to be in the $1500 range). No news yet though, which means at least one more day of waiting and being mopey

It was sort of like the entire universe stood up and proclaimed "IT IS MONDAY. SEE, MONDAY'S ACTUALLY CAN BE WORSE THAN NORMAL DAYS."

*phew*

Alright, I needed to get that out. I'm just glad manda was there (via msn and microphone's to make me feel better).

At least my weekend was good (except the car info and me having a cold). Just sort of generally "hung out" at amanda's place in sauga, watching Wonder Boys (fantastic movie) and playing Chibi-Robo on the Game Cube. I want a 4-inch robot to pick up my trash. Also, trampolining on Friday with Manda, Gee, BC, Jenilee, and some girl whose name I never caught. I'm going to learn to do a front flip next time...I can feel it.

Funniest thing heard today: "I AM ZANTA, AND I HAVE BEEN IN CHARACTER FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR! YEAH YEAH YEAH! EVERYONE LOOK TO YOUR LEFT AND RIGHT AND SAY HELLO! WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, NO ONE DID IT! YEAH YEAH YEAH! HEY PRINCESS! YEAH YEAH YEAH!" -Zanta

**edit**

haha, Amanda just sent me this. Awesome!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girl's name was Candice...Cvet and Mary were there too!

You should listen to Daniel Powter.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Janani said...

Bah... I'm so sorry I only made your Monday worse!! Thanks for not including me as part of your bad day, though... I appreciate your kindness on Monday twice as much now!

Hugs,
Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home